View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 02:20 AM
OHLTG

vCash: 500
Finally get a chance to sit down and give some details on this one (been a busy, busy night):

- I firmly believed the Otters had a horseshoe strategically placed somewhere in a player for the first 30 min of this game. Either that or the WFCU is haunted. Either one is a viable option. I've never seen Windsor have that many golden opportunities have something alter them like I did tonight. We could have had an open net, and it'd bounce over our stick. Or had a player's skate lace stop a pass. It was to the point where even the players looked like they were confused as to what was going on.

- Erie stayed right with them and the Windsor defence got a bit flustered at times. There wasn't much communication on two of the first three Erie goals; players behind the net passing out front and nobody telling DeKort it was the wrong direction, or a pass that bounced over DeKort (as he's standing) and he didn't know where it went (in the net). Just the strangest plays, despite Windsor really out-shooting them.

- Once the Spits got going, though, they were fine. Tying it up, then taking the lead in the third seemed to settle them down, but it rattled Otters' goaltender Devon Williams. He was letting in some goals I'm sure he'd like back. The crowd was electric and that didn't help his cause, either.

- The Spits seemed determined from the get-go and actually played close to 60-minutes. They refused to accept anything less than 100% effort, which was nice to see. Even when it was late, they were skating hard, trying to get to that open net.

- Props to Rychel for a five-point game. We were laughing in the third because it seemed like he was in on every goal. "We're waiting for Erie to score and Rychel to get an assist!"

- Speaking of props...Graeme Brown!! I've liked this kid since he was called up and I think he's got a serious future. Took a nice pass from Koko (I believe) and scored his first OHL goal. Added an assist before that. Well-deserved first star.

- I like what the team is doing, giving DeKort the extra starts. I know WHY they're doing it, but I like the fact he's getting the time. I feel bad for Pavelka, as this season has been far from his fault, but, at the same time, DeKort is the man next year. He's going to get the majority now and I have no issues with that. Heck, maybe we see Pavelka get one last start in Plymouth and go crazy on someone

- Not sure why Clark and Crisp went at it, but I'm going to miss Clark. Not the best fighter you'll see, but man is he willing and he can really throw when he gets going. Plus, he's been showing some more offence since the deadline. I kind of wish we had him since his rookie year.

- Speaking of going at it...end of the second, a scrum begins near the Windsor bench. Who separate and looked like they were about to go? Ho-Sang and McDavid. Don't know what exactly was going on, but I thought for sure we were about to witness one of the most unlikely fights in the O this season.