View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 02:35 AM
thomast

vCash: 500
Is Barkov currently the best two-way player of the FEL? He is sitting at 6th place in goal scoring, 8th in points and 3rd +/- just 2 behind the leader despite missing games because of WJC?

Last year as an 16 year old he was only + player who played majority of the season with the team with +5 when rest of the team averaged about -10. That team was -56 last year.

It's hard to judge an stat like +/- but it is no coincident that Barkov leads the team twice in that category. When most of the people think Barkov as an player he is an elite offensive talent with alot of tools and how he is going to help the offense but forget his defensive tools and little things he does like some of those things that Jussi mentioned. That is major help for the defense aswell. Barkov is very high-end defensive player aswell. He is one of those players who does everything right and is spotless in defensive zone.

I would like create an debate about his NHL-readiness. IMO he will be NHL-ready by next october because he is too valuable player in the defensive zone especially at PK to not have in the team. Not sure about his offensive impact on his first year but i'd see him doing fine just because of his ability to score goals near the goal and from rebounds is impressive and that will work in NHL aswell for sure. His playmaking is already pro ready. Not much flash but simple effective passes with excellent quality but is capable of doing very high end passes aswell. Because of his already ready offensive game i'd see him have some success in the offense aswell. Crazy to think that he has just turned 18 when training camps start in the NHL.