View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 02:40 AM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post

On the positive, the rest of the league is going to be facing these same issues.
This is spot on. The bidding for second tiers players should not be as aggressive this off-season.

I disagree about JT/Marleau decline. I have gone over it with players with similar physical attributes. They should decline on the same timeline. And they are already declining although it isn't entirely visible in their point totals. The decline will actually be more in their ability to drive possession and react defensively than in their ability to score.

I liked the thought on Weiss as an option, but wonder if Florida would really part with him.

For others,
If the Sharks rebuild and fall out of the playoffs, they will pay for it at the gate as they did with the Nolan/Selanne/Damp fiasco. It took the surprise WCF and a couple of years to rebuild the STH base. Only TO, NYR, Calgary and Mont are bulletproof locks at the gate. Even Philly failed at the gate when they tanked. Edmonton and Vanc have holes in their attendance history when not competitive. Dallas and Colorado were once considered locks at the gate and aren't now.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote