Thread: Make a move?
View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 03:39 AM
BackWithaVengeance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Everyone seems so hell bent on believing that Corey Perry is going to end up here. He's going to cost at a minimum, $7 million bucks a year and you're looking long term. I just don't see it happening at this point, especially when Giroux, Schenn, Read and Couturier are all going to be free agents at the same time. There's no way that Perry will make more than Giroux does. It's going to blow the salary structure right out of the water and with the cap going down (it's already been estimated that the NHL and NHLPA have lost over $330 million this year in revenue and that it's expected to go down again next season), signing Perry would be salary cap suicide.

As for Bouwmeester, let him be someone else's problem. The guy has had 0 success in the playoffs pretty much everywhere he's been. He's never played in the playoffs in junior and the NHL and the only time he saw playoff action (2004 - 2005 in the AHL with the Chicago Wolves), he had 0 points in 18 games. I'd rather keep that stench of failure far, far, far, far away from this club.
Fair enough but it's Holmgren. You know he'll push hard. Especially after last summer.

By the way, with our core and system I truly expect Jay.Bo to flourish.

In my opinion, he'd look great on a line with L. Schenn.

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote