Thread: JVR The Big Man
View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 05:43 AM
mattehaus

vCash: 500
I am really loving JVR, when I lift my self imposed boycott of NHL merchandise (everything but GCL) I am seriously considering a #21 hoodie.

I also don't get the Tomas Holmström comparison, #96 was a crease beast, who used his body well to screen and had perfected the tip in into an art form, JVR has shown a willingness to do to his net, but gets his goals more from direct passes or rebounds and in my opinion is a better skater who should develop (he's 23) into a more rounded player, as proved against the Pens he is capable of sniping a few goals too, Kessell style.

I like this thread it is genuinely nice to be excited about a player and the team in general, people are talking about the East being weak but you can only beat the teams put in front of you and I don't think anyone can argue the team is going in the right direction, has depth and can beat pretty much anyone on it's day. I think in a more rounded way JVR has the makings of a superstar but is not there yet, he is certainly becoming a key member of the Leafs.

I can't wait to see what happens with JVR with Frattin and Lupul back in the line up.

mattehaus is offline   Reply With Quote