View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 05:56 AM
sg58

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
I gather you don't agree with Wikstrand's choice? What are your opinions about this steffe?
Well, he had so many teams interested in him that he could dictate the terms of an SEL move himself. It's not uncommon for teams to guarantee ice-time for a top prospect like that and I'm certain that happened here as well. While it obviously shows something noble that he passed up on increased salary and whatever increased fame and glamour a move to a bigger club would be, I don't like that he is making what I view as a lateral move with a risk of stagnating.

He's already playing both special teams and a lot of minutes this year in the SEL-2. He's already put up a fair amount of points. Unless he starts to absolutely dominate the league, there's not many steps upwards he could take after being the no. 1 guy for one of the better teams.

I would've much rather have him play 20 in the SEL next year than 25 in the SEL-2, but it is what it is. He clearly knew what he wanted, turning down all the offers to stay another year at home and be comfortable.