View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 07:29 AM
Ail
k.

vCash: 500
Going to be another long day of speculation and trying to convince each other what is or isn't possible.

Del Zotto is both a luxury and not at the same time. I keep seeing the for trading him side (myself included) say he is a luxury, and then the don't trade him side try and refute it, but truthfully we are both right.

Del Zotto's "skills" (which I think some people are over hyping just as much as others are downplaying) as a puck moving defensemen are absolutely 100% a luxury. No where in the lexicon of how to win the Cup does it say you NEED blueliners who can score goals, start a rush and make long outlet passes to succeed. All of those things can be done just as well with proper forward depth. Is it nice to have a 4th forward on the ice who can also play defense? Of course. Is it necessary? No.

However when you look at what Del Zotto brings to the defensive side, and the minutes he logs, he is very much a need, at least for the time being. I think we can all agree on the fact that if Del Zotto is moved they will need to replace him. Unfortunately at the moment they are not at liberty to do so within the organization. So if you don't like the idea of Barrie or anyone else who Colorado might include in a potential deal, why not start making alternative suggestions instead of poopooing on a trade that would otherwise make sense?

If you disagree with deal being good for NYR completely, I understand that, but focusing on who is going to replace his minutes isn't really the major issue rather than the fact that RoR may not be as valuable to this organization in the long run than MDZ will. Which I respectfully disagree with.

Last edited by Ail: 02-22-2013 at 08:03 AM.