Thread: Value of: Ryan Miller
View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
So Hawks give up better current/cheaper goalie , a 1st + prospect for Miller while taking on cap?

I would put Miller's value at a 2nd + prospect + cap dump

Not much of a market for goalies traditionally and adding in Miller's age + Cap hit works against him
I can't imagine Miller's value to be lower than what Anders Lindback fetched this summer. Ignoring who's playing better at this very second, Chicago's bet would be that Miller's play is a bit more even, and that when Miller gets away from our trainwreck defense--both from defensemen and forwards--that he'll take off.

On an average defensive team, Miller's SV% would be 10+ pts higher. The degree of difficulty saves he's forced to make on a period-to-period basis is very high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Halak, Schwartz for Miller is a great deal from my outside perspective.
Like others, I have a sneaking suspicion that Ryan won't be eager to re-sign with us after next season unless we have a Habs-like turnaround next season--i.e., top-5 pick to playoff team. Schwartz's counting numbers don't look great this year, but I recall him having good hockey sense. His size isn't ideal for our lineup--one seemingly littered with 5'11, 180 players with above-average but not great skill--but I'd consider this deal. I'd also consider the 1st in lieu of Schwartz, and hope St. Louis's 1st ended up around 20. From there, I'd hope our GM can parlay that pick and one of the others we acquire at the deadline to move up in the 1st.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote