View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplefan View Post
Dear Avs Fans

Since the negotiations between B. Murray and G. Sherman have been good (i.e Craig Anderson trade), why not do the same this time.

We love your power forward Ryan O'Reilly and he'll help Kyle Turris to carry the load.

We have assets to offer :

-Zibanejad
-Silfverberg
-Zach Smith
-Wiercioch
-Da Costa
-Regin
-Picks

Why not do a package out of these assets.

I recommend you a Zibanejad + Smith + 3th package. We can switch Smith for P. Wierchioch and a 5th.

Sidenotes:

Zibanejad is a young powerforward, playing in the NHL, that has an interesting blend of speed, skills, and physical play. On good days, while being 19 years of age, he can be Ovechkin-lite. HOLD UP! I'm not saying he's going to be Ovechkin but he showed flashes of brilliant play. He can be a Ryan Kesler kind of player. Interested?

Smith, 22 years old, is on his way to be an elite 3rd line center, who can be kind of a Mike Fisher but a little bit less offensive.

P. Wierchioch is a young puck-moving defenseman, 24 years old. He skates really well for a 6'4 guy, he can pass really well, he can shoot. He's on his way to be an offensive defenseman, somewhere between Kuba and Wideman.
If we think Mika will be Ovechkin lite/Kesler and Zack Smith be Fisher lite... We probably shouldnt deal them both unless we are getting "Sidney Crosby lite"

Im all for getting O'Reilly... But I dont think Id be willing to give up both of those guys... If we had a greater need at #2 C.... Then yes... But with Spezza/Turris... Im not sure...

Are the Avs looking for quality or quantity? 1-2 grade A pieces or 3-4 B pieces?