View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 08:46 AM
sarge88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
I have been accused of waving the battle flag for WEEI but my distaste for this show is beyond measure. With Mutt being Mutt and Lou not the brightest bulb in the batch. Lou has referred to Asia as a country and believes that there is such a thing of ordering a steak Rare Plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
I have been accused of waving the battle flag for WEEI but my distaste for this show is beyond measure. With Mutt being Mutt and Lou not the brightest bulb in the batch. Lou has referred to Asia as a country and believes that there is such a thing of ordering a steak Rare Plus.
I listen to EEI exclusively for sports, primarily because there is nobody on the other station that I can stomach. Lou has gotten much better and since I enjoy baseball and football as much as hockey, I like to hear Lou talk baseball, because he knows his stuff. They also have some great football guests, so that keeps me interested. As for the rare plus debate...it does exist but the differentiation is so subtle, most people couldn't tell the difference and it only matters in certain cuts of meat. Long story short.. The correct way to cook a steak rare is to only have one side of the meat touch the cooking surface and take it off when the inside is red and bloody. It should be placed on the plate with the side that didn't touch the cooking surface faced down. For rare plus, the inside is cooked just about the same but both sides touch the cooking surface. At least that's what I saw on Bobby Flay's show.