View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 07:57 AM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan68 View Post
I personally feel that we need a dman like this. Regardless of our defensive depth, last year should've showed everyone that as many goals as you can score in the playoffs you can be outscored just as easy. Now our D is playing better, but I think we need this as much as we need a winger.

I also think we need to get more physical on our 3rd/4th lines. Once again, this is annoying considering Shero's love for 3/4 liners, but we need to replace Kennedy/Adams with guys that will hit anything that moves and still be able to play well. I like having Adams' experience and character for the playoffs, but would rather have someone who can play a little better.
Actually, I think our D is playing about the same as it did last year. Pretty good on most nights, except when we play Philly, teams coming at them with playoff style forechecks (like Toronto did in our one game), etc.

Our D is playing better than the six game debacle against Philly. But, there's nothing in their play this year to suggest that a similar debacle isn't a real possibility.