View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 08:20 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
spectacular pass only to have a linemate miss handle it, or for pete's sake shoot it wide? It wasn't until he was on the line with Juice that we at least heard the ping of off the bar.

I cannot find fault with Rick's game other than the fact he didn't give 100% every opportunity. He seemed to hover at the dots rather than driving the net for a shot, and he developed a back to the net move that is wonderful for a basketball post player, but not so good for a sniper trying to hit the constantly moving net holes. I guess if I could have asked for more of the Jacket Captain it would have been to ask Nash to play more like the blues Keith Tkachuk or Hawks Jeremy Roenick. Those guys were physical power forwards that potted rebounds. With Nash's size, an aggressive mean streak would have made him bigger than life. Just my $.02.
I don't want to get into some revisionist history here, I'll just agree with you that Nash wasn't always 100 percent engaged in situations. Its hard for me to separate Nash the Player from Nash the Captain.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote