Thread: Proposal: A simple three way deal
View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 09:37 AM
leeroggy

vCash: 500
That fact that EVERY team representative is complaining they are getting hosed means you came up with a pretty good idea. It never ceases to amaze me how much cap space being opened up is so much more underrated in the NHL when it is so prized in the NBA. An extra 3-4 million in cap space going into the next free agency period given the reduced cap is going to be worth as much or more than a late first round pick, when teams are less likely to be able to re-sign their UFA's and probably a few RFA's here and there. Calgary also gets two seconds (both potentially pretty high up in the second in a deep draft.

JB might fit better with Edmonton due to their offensive talent. Brassard might make a third line center for Calgary or be another chip for another team. Columbus has the biggest gripe but it seems Brassard is just not going to produce enough there for the 6th overall he was and he needs a change of scenery. Hemsky will or won't be a good fit, depending on health, but what's new about that?

Certainly a step above most trade offers I see here. If forced to choose I would definitely would want to be Calgary in this but Edmonton is a close second.

leeroggy is offline   Reply With Quote