View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
I may be alone on this one, but I don't think it was that dirty. The end result, not good, but from my observations I see a player (Hall) lining Clutterbuck up just as he was about to play the puck, only for the puck to flounder in a different direction. It's a fast game and Hall had already locked into and committed for contact, only to not make full contact, therefore clipping him more down low/off to the side. Add in Hall probably doesn't know how to make these sort of hits with ease, and it didn't work out exactly how he wanted/intended. Unfortunate play, in my own opinion.

With that being said, the result and the way it transpired wasn't good. I think Hall committed for the hit only to not make contact how he anticipated given how it unfolded. I don't view Hall as a reckless player who would seek out this sort of contact. He may get suspended a game or what not, but I won't be surprised if he gets nothing.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff

Last edited by Guerzy: 02-22-2013 at 08:44 AM.