View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
You're obssessed with selling everybody...
I want us to build towards a cup. It's a means to an end. The logo on the front is more important than the name on the back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Markov's not going anywhere till the end of his contract, deal with it.
I don't expect him to be dealt (just like I didn't expect Koivu to be dealt) that doesn't mean it's not the right idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Why stop with Markov?
Because he's the guy it makes sense to deal. High value and can help a team win now. And we can use the return to win in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Let's maximizes Pleks, Diaz, Patches, Cole, hell let's maximizes Subban, Gallagher and Galchenyuk and Price.

If Yzerman has a heat stroke in Tampa and calls Bergevin offering Stamkos for Markov, you would have to be a fool to say no but we both know that ain't gonna happen.

We'll never get the value that Markov means to this team. Right now he's a direct mentor to Emelin and I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't mentoring Diaz and Subban. We have Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn and Ellis coming up the next two, three years. You need a smart, accomplished veteran to help these youngster along.

Sometimes the value of a player isn't just what you see on the ice. Hell even Price admitted Markov gave him a kick in the ass that he needed.
Yeah right... he's awesome, awesome, awesome but we'd never get anything for him.

Stop being silly.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote