View Single Post
02-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Lafleurs Guy
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
You're obssessed with selling everybody...
I want us to build towards a cup. It's a means to an end. The logo on the front is more important than the name on the back.
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Markov's not going anywhere till the end of his contract, deal with it.
I don't expect him to be dealt (just like I didn't expect Koivu to be dealt) that doesn't mean it's not the right idea.
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Why stop with Markov?
Because he's the guy it makes sense to deal. High value and can help a team win now. And we can use the return to win in the future.

Originally Posted by onice View Post
Let's maximizes Pleks, Diaz, Patches, Cole, hell let's maximizes Subban, Gallagher and Galchenyuk and Price.

If Yzerman has a heat stroke in Tampa and calls Bergevin offering Stamkos for Markov, you would have to be a fool to say no but we both know that ain't gonna happen.

We'll never get the value that Markov means to this team. Right now he's a direct mentor to Emelin and I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't mentoring Diaz and Subban. We have Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn and Ellis coming up the next two, three years. You need a smart, accomplished veteran to help these youngster along.

Sometimes the value of a player isn't just what you see on the ice. Hell even Price admitted Markov gave him a kick in the ass that he needed.
Yeah right... he's awesome, awesome, awesome but we'd never get anything for him.

Stop being silly.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote