View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 09:00 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

vCash: 500
From what we know, we have reports confirming that the Pens were scouting the Wild twice (by Shero himself as well as one of our head scouts, Don Waddell), one of which was against the Avs. There was also another source who confirmed that both the Avs & Wild scouted the Pens-Sens game (the one where Karlsson got sliced by Cookie). These are teams that we will not play this year, and therefore, its safe to say that its to scout some players. There's always the possibility that they've scouted each other on more occasions but there wasn't anybody to report it.

What I'm trying to get at is that we can dream all day long about acquiring Iginla, Perry, Clowe, Stewart, Mueller... but unless I see confirmed reports of either team scouting each other, it's difficult to see them making a move. I don't want to trick myself into thinking that a deal will happen for a player that we haven't even bothered scouting, especially when they would carry a high cost to acquire.

I reralize that Seto & Cullen are not as sexy as some pleople wuld like but the bottom line is that they can possibly do the job at a very reasonable cost. If there's a deal to be made that would improve our team without creating any major holes in our line-up or jeopardizing our future, why not.