View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 09:27 AM
CanadianPanther
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 1076
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
My prediction: 6 months from now all of the people who used to be staunch Weiss defenders and complained when he didn't get the C will turn into Weiss-haters.

Disclaimer: I have never been a big fan of Stephen Weiss. Not his fault that the organization needed more from him than he was capable of, but he's not worth a big contract.
You may not be a huge fan of him but you probably will still give him credit for his loyalty, consistent point production and two-way player mentality. Weiss could never reach the SUPERSTAR numbers in points but I still like and respect the guy, I'm a little bias though since he's from Toronto, Ontario.

Everyday we get closer to that trade deadline, I'm torn whether to just let him go get some new scenery or to possibly persuade him back for 2-3 years. We don't know what Weiss wants contract wise but it would be safe to assume he's in the range of a 4yr minimum at $4.5 to $6 million cap hit. I feel $5.5 million is breaking his ceiling limit for me. I'm just worried of another Bouwmeester type scenario and I don't think Tallon has made up his mind 100% yet. Remember Tallon respects guys like Weiss who want to be a Panther, I'm just unsure of whether Weiss is done being a Cat.

I'm still happy either way if Weiss stays or goes, he's been a Panther his whole NHL career and stuck with us through the worst playoff drought in league history. I just think it's a crappy situation for him playing through an injury on his contract year. If he doesn't reach 25-30pts which looks very unlucky right now, it's safe to assume his trade value to another team and also his re-sign value to stay here goes down.

CanadianPanther is offline   Reply With Quote