View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
I love it people coming around to the undertaker . Remember the night before the draft I called this pick on mouths radio show and I loved the idea god I got killed on here. This kid is all heart I love it
You did nail it DG.

If I'm 'coming around' cause the kid actually has shown me something this year. Since he was drafted he's given me little to go on, now we see him playing a solid defensive game(most nights) in the A, thats a big deal, bigger than beating up on WHL midgets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Do you remember when Gabby got his butt whooped and nobody defended him? Not only will he be defended when McI is here, nobody would so much as dare to touch Gabby knowing that kid is on the bench or on the ice.
This is the problem.

My fear is that the only reason he was picked #10 in that draft was exactly because of that incident. I know, I know, that seems so unbelievable right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Or like our other prospect, Sammy Noreau, who doesn't fight anymore because everyone is scared of him. If McIlrath picks his spots, his great fighting ability is a big plus. He does scrap at some inopportune times--he's still very young, so it's to be expected--but he also sticks up for his teammates more than any prospect we've had in our system for quite a long time.

When McIlrath is on the ice, guys know not to take liberties with our players, because if they do McIlrath will beat the **** out of them or one of their players.
I think theres a few reasons we have not seen someone like DM in our organization for awhile. One, there's not enough players like this in all of hockey much less in every draft. And if they are available they are usually hard to get or expensive FA's. Secondly, most teams that have a player that deters others from taking 'liberties' have forwards who do that, not Dmen that are counted on to play top 4 minutes.

I played hockey, have watched hockey for a long time. I don't think a single player stops any team from doing what they want. Now a collectively tough team, thats when you see other teams not want to pull punches.