View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Harold86

vCash: 500
This is simple and i know everyone is going to hate the answer.

Torts and sullivan... they have to go ("great" coaches get fired all the time) IE: Ruff

the tortellini system doesn't work anymore. Offense from behind the net and wrap arounds are garbage. Especially with the quality of players we have. 2 "40 goal" scorers are combined for 10 goals in 30 man games and that is awful.

Our star players simply aren't providing the offense we need to win a game. We have to rely on 2nd line players to score goals because Richards and Gaborik can't produce. The goals we scored yesterday were almost all luck.. a bounce off the boards for a scrappy goal and a shot that wasn't redirected should have been stopped and we should have been shutout. This team should have one of the most potent offenses in the league with the guys we have ON PAPER. Yet nobody can score a goal because of this **** system that we use.

It's time to let our players like the creative ones that we have be creative (someone said that above and i completely agree). It pains me to see that Tavares has 1 less goal then RICHARDS GABORIK AND NASH combined. our "top scorers." I'm not trying to flame Nash because him and Hagelin have been the only ones that look like they know what they're doing.

Overall our big guns are not performing because of the garbage system we use which stems down to Tortellini and Sullivan. theres another hot topic Watch an islanders game and take a page out of their book. Their PP is effective and we definitely possess skilled guys that can do what the islanders do. Is it really that hard to adopt what they do? I am not a coach so i wouldn't know but i've played my whole life and have some idea.

thoughts?

Harold86 is offline   Reply With Quote