View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 11:10 AM
tjs252

vCash: 500
There's too much talent to struggle like we do to score.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the players here, I don't think there needs to be a huge roster shakeup, though whenever an upgrade is available that won't cause cap concerns, I think it's a move to make.

The easiest answer is patience. There are a lot of new players here and they're playing without the benefit of a camp. They're also playing under a coach who doesn't allow for line consistency.

If it were up to me, I'd make the top-6, in whatever iteration of Nash, Gaborik, Richards, Stepan, Hagelin, and Callahan get and stick with linemates and ease the defensive expectations of that group. Not to say they should go out and cherrypick, but just open up the offense. As Montreal showed (and the Devils of late) with such an emphasis on having our forwards backcheck to an extreme degree, we're overly susceptible to teams that want to play the trap. We'll never get any offensive flow that way. Open it up, see what happens. At least Lundqvist gives you a better safety net.

And the powerplay. That needs to be fixed. More shooting, less trying to make the perfect pass.

tjs252 is offline   Reply With Quote