View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 11:22 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechking View Post
Considering the success of Nuge, Eberle, Hall, and Schultz in Oklahoma, and their complete failure so far this season in the NHL (aside from Hall I suppose), I'd be in favour of Todd Nelson becoming coach.
I can't believe that people are still throwing Nelson out there as a legitimate candidate.

The Oilers now are the same as they were in OKC with less scoring. Have a miracle come back but lose a lot of close games but instead of being high scoring close games they are low scoring.

Same problems exist that they don't score 5-on-5 and they can't play in their own zone.

Taylor Hall some games reminds me of a faster and slightly smarter MAP. Just skates hard up the side and flutters shots at the net from the side boards. Unlike MAP who would get crushed into the boards because the d-men got a better angle on him due to less speed, Hall doesn't seem to learn that just flying at high speed north and south and fluttering a shot from the side boards will likely only work 1% of the time. Kid needs to learn that it's a legal play to try and go east and west, but I suppose he'd probably lose his footing if he tried to change direction.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote