Thread: Injury Report: Cal Clutterbuck UPD: Placed on IR
View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Dampland

vCash: 528
THe hit was over-aggressive, and clearly targeted a player that was defense-less, and without the puck.

Was it the dirtiest play ever? no not a chance. BUt it cleary was a bad one, and Hall does deserve to be punished. I'm guessing he gets 1-3 games max, because as far as I know, he is a first time offender.

That being said, I think Hall is starting to get a reputation for for playing over the edge. The Brodin hit in the AHL was "iffy", and I seem to remember some discussions when Hall was still at Windsor that he could get a little dirty now and then.

What drives me nuts is how some fans (mostly Eddy and Vanny) are saying it's justified because Clutterbuck is a "dirty" player. Yet, no suspension history for Clutz even though he basically has more hits than anyone in the NHL since he came into the league. IF the guy who hits that much was so "dirty" don't you think he would have a discipline track record by now?

The other think that drives me nuts with some fans .... it seems like EVERY WEEK, fans from other teams are proposing trades to try and get Clutterbuck on their team.

Yet, now that he gets hurt... HE is the "dirty" player, and "got what he deserved".

WTF is wrong wih people?

**** And to all the folks praying/calling/demanding payback to Hall in the next game. It's NOT gonna happen. Hall is a protected "young Star" player, and so there is no way he will engage in any fights. And no way that the LEAGUE will allow the Wild to go after him. I would nearly guarantee that ANY player from the Wild making any aggressive actions of any type against Hall will be immediately penalized. The League will certainly instruct the Refs to protect Hall.

At most we will see Zenon challenge Eager/Peckam, and that will be it.

From now on, if we want to get "revenge" we just need to keep beating the Oilers every game, and run up the score. I'd get a lot more satisfaction from seeing the Wild beat the Oilers 7-1, 6-0, 5-1, then I would seeing Zenon running all over the ice trying to lay a crushing check on Hall.

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote