View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 10:28 AM
daveleaf

vCash: 500
I would say with Franson coming on as of late on the PP and his game starting to come around it would make Liles expendable with Gardiner really ready to play right now. Nonis is just leaving in the AHL so he has time to make a move. Gunnarson is a good all around d-man and I would find it unlikely a team would go for him knowing he is playing through injury for the rest of the year and will need ongoing maintenance. Plus, I think we should keep him. Liles and Komo would be the ones on the out. Fraser gives us nice presence on the back end and Holzer is coming around. Kostka is a good depth guy. So we are left with Phaneuf, Franson, Kostka, Gunnarson, Fraser, Holzer and Gardiner. There's our 7 d-men.

Liles has good value and I think his contract is fair and could add speed on the back end and playmaking ability. Could he get you a 2nd round pic or a prospect? Maybe a first from a team picking in 22-30 at the deadline? I believe teams will make moves sooner rather than later this year. With the shortened season you would really want your best lineup as soon as you can to work on placement in the standings. My BS rant for the day.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote