View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
I don't think you can do much to fix the team in a shortened season. I think if there is any fixing, it should be done at the draft. I'd look to move Gaborik, Minny seems like a logical choice, lots of prospects. Vancouver tried to sign him, maybe swing a deal for Kassian? Might be tough considering Gabby only has 1 year left on his contract. I'd even consider San Jose. Maybe they'd move Pavelski and a d-man (Braun/Demers) for Gaborik? Pavelski is a clutch 2 way player, Torts is familiar with his style from the Olympics. If and only if the chance presents itself, and Getzlaf is out there for the taking, I think you have to buy Richards out and go for Getzlaf. I know, typical Rangers fan mentality here.

As far as fixing to the current team goes, Torts needs to lighten up on the young guys(Kreider/Miller), I think they're so afraid to make a mistake they're not playing up to their potential. The power play has to be addressed, come playoff time a successful power play might be the thing that puts you over the edge to win the Cup.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote