View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 10:53 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

vCash: 500
Shooting the puck from the point and getting traffic in front. The D have to get shots through. I feel they are getting better with the traffic.

On the PP, get off one timers. Look at last night, even missing the net but shooting quickly will give good results. Make them have to kill the penalty. Right now, they shoot themselves in the foot by over passing. The more you shoot, the more the passing lanes will open up.

At ES, the style they have is great for the lower lines to keep that going, but I'd like to see more on the rush when they actually get an odd man chance. Too many times they are all in a line. That doesn't work. Middle lane drives and have 3 options. They limit themselves too often not playing that way on the rush.

For defense, blocked shots work well. I'd like to see more aggressiveness from the wingers being up higher in the zone, but defense is not the issue. Neither is Hank.

More forechecking and aggressive forechecking. Take the middle of the ice away. To me they often take the boards away, which is exactly the opposite that should be done. Give a team the boards. They will not hurt you there. Take away the center of the ice and it will make it tougher for them and limit chances.

Have Kreider play a bigger role in the offense and go back to the long stretch plays off the glass for Hagelin, Gaborik and Kreider that worked last season. They have speed on this team, but they do not use it.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote