View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
He's still skating with cement in his ****ing boots, and can hardly get off the ice at the end of a shift, after not even hustling that hard!

He's out of shape! and its disgusting to see...

$12,000,000 a year this season, to sit in the off-season and eat PEI mussels up north and sip wine day in day out.

Dude didn't look like he was keeping in tip top shape for the season during the lockout. There is no excuse for that.

Look at his instagram for a peak into his life over the past few months, its obvious he wasn't doing everything he can to keep himself in tip top condition like other players did. He's older now, doesn't care much anymore.
Holy ****, so much this. I don't know what he was doing in the offseason, but I do know that he wasn't playing anywhere in Europe, and was sitting at the damn CBA negotiations whenever they were on. Yeah, so much physical energy required for that. You've got guys like Stamkos who trained with Gary Roberts, and then you have Richards who went tanning on the beach. Who's going to be ready for the season, do you think?

On the topic of getting him back to game shape, I have some suggestions.
A. Put him on the wing until he looks like an NHL'er out there. Less skating needed, less defensive coverage needed. Put him with some speed and get him to keep up. (Although I remember Kreider and Gaborik playing alongside of him yesterday, and going, "there's no way he's keeping up with those two."
B. let him watch the entire 1st period on the bench. Not the third, when he has already been spoon-fed minutes. Let him get back in the 2nd period and see if he looks like a 12 million dollar man. If not, ride the pine in the third and beyond.

I was fine with him last year when he wasn't playing well at stretches, but it was nowhere near this bad. Add a Ghostly Gaborik and an undisclosedly-injured Rick Nash, and it's been very tiring to watch the past 2 games.