Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
Is not 3 young guys on D not enough?

Elder.

Orpik, Martin, Letang, Engelland

Young D.

Despres, Bortuzzo, Morrow

Take your pick for number 8 of Dumoulin, Reese, Samuelsson

I'm gonna find it hard for them to where they need to use a buyout. That's obviously if those players you mentioned get traded.

I'm probably leaning towards on of either Despres or Bortuzzo being must haves in trades for other GM's. I'd almost say Bortuzzo is a not trade at any cost because of his physicality, and the fact this team is loaded with PMD's. Despres>><Dumoulin, but will be more equal as soon as next season. Despres leads only due to actually being in the NHL and has served the team and himself well. Despres is much more easily replaced.
Morrow is the guy to deal IMO. Despres is more attractive since he's playing now, but I think Shero could get a GM to think almost a highly of Morrow since we'll prob be dealing with teams who can wait til next year, when I assume Morrow will at least be capable if playing at this level. Pouliot and Maata are too much unknowns (pardon my grammar) to garner the right value right now. Morrow is the guy for me unless its Despres or no deal and its either that or no we miss out on an upgrade.