View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 11:51 AM
hockeyball

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
I don't know too much about the Sharks needs. Does this sound anywhere close to reasonable?

To Wpg
Demers (2013 RFA)
Clowe (2013 UFA)

To SJ
Antropov (2013 UFA)
Postma (2013 RFA)
CHI 3rd round pick

Antropov is obviously a downgrade from Clowe, though probably not as much as you'd think. He's versatile and can play any forward position, brings a surprising amount of grit, and is extremely hard to move off the puck. If you can get over the fact he's slow, you'll be pleasantly surprised. I could see him functioning really well on a line with Couture and Havlat.

Postma is the centerpiece of the deal, he's a RHD with a cannon shot. He'd probably fit right in on the second PP unit. Has his moments defensively, but pair him with a solid stay-at-home guy and you'll be fine.
We really do not need any defensemen. We have quality defensemen coming out of our ears. Boyle, Burns, Vlasic, Stuart, Braun, Demers, Irwin, Murray, Petrecki, Tennyson, Acolotse...

I actually like Antropov, so I am ok with that part. We really are looking for forwards/prospects, not d-men, in any deal. Picks are ok too, depending on the player.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote