View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Smarmy the Pirate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
On the other hand, I was upset at Pierre McGuire's handling of the same question this morning. "Injuries happen." ********, teams don't usually lose the Norris champion and front-runner, their #1 centre, and the leading GAA & SV% (early Vezina candidate) at the same time. And the first two out long-term. That's not even mentioning Michalek.

It seemed like he didn't want to indulge any whining. But c'mon, you have to admit it couldn't get much worse for any team in the league.
I generally enjoy McGuire, but he's been a bit of a ***** lately. I'm not sure what his issue with Steve Warne is but he's pretty rude and it's not very enjoyable listening to him.

There are so many other good analysts (and a lot of them are on the Team - York, Simmer, Galley, etc) who aren't huge jerks, and McGuire doesn't really offer anything that special.

This isn't because I'm a homer, either - I don't need him to validate our self-pity. He's just kind of an unpleasant personality who can never admit he was wrong (even when, like with Lindy Ruff, he literally said the wrong thing the day before).

Smarmy the Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote