View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 12:02 PM
On Vinyl
Oh Danny Boy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyDump View Post
There's no doubt our PP has been better with Martin back there. How? I don't know. The only think I know is that he gets his shots through a lot better than Letang, but they're going at a snail's pace, so I have no idea how it happens....but it works.

This whole LH shot pp unit followed by a RH shot unit blows my mind. I still say you spread the talent, have a RH shot on both units so that you have to respect BOTH sides of the ice. Imagine if a PK had to worry about a one timer from both sides of the ice for once against the Penguins?

But the PP is going well right now, so we can't complain. It doesn't seem like a well oiled machine by any means, but somehow we're scoring. I thought last game was the best our PP looked all year. Fast puck movement, player movement, shots, etc.

Now to figure out why Engo is staying in the lineup night after night. Or what more Vitale has to do to stay in the lineup.
I think it's because Martin doesn't go spaz when he gets the puck on the powerplay. He doesn't try the pump fakes and perfect passes. I think it's just a calming effect.