View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 01:27 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I'm going to toss out this name for discussion, since we've been bandying around different players the Flames might deal in a fire (so to speak) sale: Mike Cammalleri. High cap hit ($6 mil) for 1 year after this one, on pace for 15 goals and 41 points. He hasn't been spectacular for the Flames this season, from what (little) I've seen, but who has? I do remember his time with Montreal, particularly in 2010 when they went on their Cinderella playoff run I just wish I could remember who eliminated them and Cammalleri was nearly unstoppable in the first two series.

I'm just thinking that if he could tap into that scoring touch again, he might be the shoot-first complement to Giroux and Hartnell. And he wouldn't cost as much to land as Iginla or Bouwmeester.

I'm lukewarm to this idea, particularly as Holmgren needs another $6 million contract like a hole in the head, but I'm just stoking the conversational fire.

I have no clue what it would cost the flyers but I will say that his reglar seasons are decent but he is a playoff super hero. He just seems to have a 2nd gear once April starts.......