View Single Post
02-22-2013, 12:30 PM
The Moose
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 View Post

SO, I find it really amazing and revealing that the post game conversations I've had the opportunity to look at while relaxing with my son before writing this report have taken the tone that they have. I knew that the main topic for discussion would be the one thing that was actually accomplished this game - someone, namely Taylor Hall, finally had a shot at that skating piece of trash Cal Clutterbuck, took it, and hammered him. It is about damn time. In an era where this type of "hockey player" is allowed to run around without fear of the traditional method of response to his type of "game" (that being a thinly veiled elbow to the teeth that netted you no penalty), you have to take your shots when they come and #4 did. Kudos to him for seeing the opportunity and trying to blow up that loser. I'm guessing there will be people around the league thanking him. I'm frankly a little sad the moron's leg isn't busted up. If Hall had been coming the other way, that moron would have jumped a foot off the ice, went for the head, then ran to the nearest official he could find to hide. This is because he's a coward. He's a coward who can't handle the repercussions of the way he plays the game. He's a coward who tried his damndest to make what is apparently a charley horse look like a career ender. Our guy went for a hard hit and kept playing the game. Respect earned tonight Mr. Hall.
Hall himself said that he did not even know who the player was; it happened fast and he went for a hit on a Wild jersey. It happened to be Clutterback which has a history of questionable hits, but what if it was Parise? Would you hold the same opinion on the hit? I think if we are to be fair, we should evaluate the hit irrespective of who was at the receiving end of it.

Btw, Fraser says this was textbook kneeing penalty.

This was a textbook example of a kneeing penalty as defined in Rule 50.1 - Kneeing is the act of a player leading with his knee and in some cases extending his leg outwards to make contact with his opponent.
Dan, while Taylor Hall might not have intended to take out Cal Clutterbuck with a leg hit as you suggest, the fact remains that Hall set himself in advance of the attempted check by protruding and leading with his left knee. Principle contact on the hit was not made with Taylor Hall's upper body but through his left leg and thigh; the same leg that Hall set as the leading edge for the check.
I don't think we want Hall to have a habit into going in reckless hits like that. He can be plenty physical without being borderline dirty. I think this was an isolated incident, he'll pay the price, and move on. He's had a good year so far, at a point per game pace, and I don't see why he has to push the physicality aspect to the point where it becomes an infraction.

The Moose is offline   Reply With Quote