View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Petes1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
I think Kingston has the edge. Niagara having traded for Ryan Strome after being with Barrie and than Ryan's career took off. Im sure that helps his little brother reporting there yes for sure.

I think the Petes will go after Stephens, even if he isnt rated top 5 on most lists and for some not even a top 10 anymore. If u have your agent telling u that the Petes and Fronts are interested. Many kids will want to and will make a choice and the team that is not chosen will be told that via player agent. Others will say, Ill go anywhere Im drafted. I know a few top players dont want to go to a certain team or teams.
If he'll report, and he gets past Erie, I'd be surprised if the Petes didn't take Spencer. They will lose 2 defencemen at the end of this year, and potentially 4 more in 2 years. They are thin on defencive prospects having not drafted one until the 6th round last year. They have an abundance of forwards.

If it was anyone else though, Stephens would be the least surprising person. The team loves their local connections.