Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
Is not 3 young guys on D not enough?

Elder.

Orpik, Martin, Letang, Engelland

Young D.

Despres, Bortuzzo, Morrow

Take your pick for number 8 of Dumoulin, Reese, Samuelsson

I'm gonna find it hard for them to where they need to use a buyout. That's obviously if those players you mentioned get traded.

I'm probably leaning towards on of either Despres or Bortuzzo being must haves in trades for other GM's. I'd almost say Bortuzzo is a not trade at any cost because of his physicality, and the fact this team is loaded with PMD's. Despres>><Dumoulin, but will be more equal as soon as next season. Despres leads only due to actually being in the NHL and has served the team and himself well. Despres is much more easily replaced.
Not sure what you mean? I've only mentioned the buying out of either Martin or Orpik in the off season, for cap reasons. Young D or Old D was not a factor. You can be fairly certain that at least 1, maybe 2 younger D will be with the club next season, possibly Morrow and/or Dumoulin. If you assume that Niskanen is dealt this spring and possibly a younger prospect, that still leaves Martin, Orpik, Letang, Despres, Bortuzzo, Engelland, Morrow, and Dumoulin. Still quite alot of bodies.