View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 01:31 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
To be fair, though. He only got 46 seconds of PP time. Not exactly racking up the minutes there. I could see the line of thought if he got 4th line minutes and a good amount of PP time, but thats not happening.

Granlund has a 3 game point streak. Gets put on fourth line anyways. Hes looked a helluva lot better after his healthy scratch and he still hasn't been given an opportunity. Coyle gets a top-line shot while Granlund doesn't? Okay. Granlund has set-up Seto plenty of times and Seto wasn't able to bury. Let's blame Granlund for that. Okay....

His physical game has come around and he has shown a good amount of hustle. Hes been solid defensively and only had that one stupid pass last game. Granlund deserves an opportunity, even if its just one game. If not, send him to the AHL where he can get some real minutes.
This is my thought as well.

He needs to play. Sitting on a bench, and waiting to take yet another d zone faceoff is doing this kid no good. Konopka is our fourth line center, not Granlund.

You gain confidence through playing and being part of what's going on. Not sitting and watching.

Some say 9 minutes a night on the fourth line in the NHL is better than 20 minutes a night on a top line in AHL. I completely disagree with this. You think that kid is gaining confidence playing 9 minutes a night, getting a rare chance on the PP, messing up a pass, then only watching his other teammates go on to do well in the game? BS.

Granlund is also not helping our 4th line. Our 4th line against the Oil was our worst line, by far. You have a bunch of flashy players on the Oil, many of whom are highly skilled, but more on the fragile side. They need to get knocked off the damned puck, because they sure as hell will skate circles around you if given the chance. Where was Konopka? Why do we have a very skilled, but softer 4th line center?!