View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 01:32 PM
jetkarma

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Not saying as good, but in style are you envisioning a Marchand type?
Similar , Kosmachuk from when I have seen him play on tv and in person is guy that is tough to play against despite being somewhat undersized.

He forces you to play with an edge because he does. He competes for the puck , looking to press the play . He takes the puck to the net , drives the net , wants to shoot , pounces on rebounds. He has that desire , that hunger to score and create chances and then is more than willing to get in the dirty areas to get a second shot or third. He plays quick too , with suddeness , pressing players , trying to force a pass or decision before they are fully comfortable to do that. He can make you play on your heels, not your toes when his game is on.

Maybe not as talented and certainly bigger , but also reminds me of Theo Fleury. You love him on your team but hate him if he is against you. Personally I think the Jets need a player ( or more ) like that. He forces his teamates to play harder , he causes stuff on the ice and the other team reacts ... you either counter that as a team or you don't.

He has good hockey instincts and vision , certainly offensively he does imo , and if you are undersized , slightly or a lot , those are needed traits to play at the NHL level imo. He also has a history of being able to finish.

When I see him , I see a guy with offensive skill , but also a hunger to score , create offense. When you have that you have a chance imo.

Last edited by jetkarma: 02-22-2013 at 01:55 PM.