View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 01:34 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
I think announcers have to be more responsible with their calls. The Minnesota guy says the puck wasn't there over and over and that is just not true. Maybe in slow motion time goes but at live speed it is less than a second after Clutterbuck loses the puck that he gets hit.

Look, I'm not a fan of Hall, but he did not hit Clutterbuck's knee, nor did Hall lead with his knee.

If you think Hall deserves to be suspended (I don't), then you need to go back and look at the Brown hit on Rozsival of the Coyotes in the playoffs last year and tell me which one is dirtier.

Brown contacts Roszival's knee and actually does stick his leg out a little bit. Hall missed the knee and used his hip. What Brown did to Rozsival is alot worse than this hit.

To the poster above me, I don't see anything remotely close to "intent to injure is clearly there"
Hall looks at CB's knees and then makes a cut turn to pivot himself and make low contact with him. Now was it an intentional attempt at kneeing? Nope not that I can see but Hall absolutely pivots and aims low (waist of lower) in his turn and with the intention of making contact below and outside to the players center of gravity.

It may not have been the knee but take a look at what is left. If he didn't clearly intend to injure CB then what were his intentions (TH)?

I mean if Hall was intending to lay CB out with a clean hit he had him dead to rights, all Hall has to do is turn directly into line with CB's front and then lay the guy out. CB is clearly not prepared for the contact and if Hall had simply made a clean check it would have been a stellar hit laying CB out.

Hall instead turns his body and positions himself with only one possible outcome and that is to make contact with CB's left lower body/hip/leg and that is at best a cheap shot and likely or the way I see it a clear attempt at injuring CB.

Like you probably though I have watched the hit from every angle and at every speed and what I saw was a deliberate attempt by a player to injure another player. I could be wrong but that is what I saw.

Oh I am Tonnelisghost. Now we know each other .