Old
02-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
I solve problems

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinalera View Post
Yea, so more of the same it sounds like.

"exploring options"-you'd think the group has 170 million in his back pocket ready to pay down at any given time. The tone of it sounds like someone who's just "browsing around", like he's window shopping trying to decided if the team matches his furniture....
Mere speculation on my part, but given the Globe & Mail's article last year about Leblanc, Weiers' recent comments, and so forth... my interpretation of "exploring options" is:

Quote:
Anthony LeBlanc and the group of businessmen once known as Ice Edge Holdings LLC are back in the Phoenix hockey picture.

Only this time, it is not to make an ownership bid on the financially moribund Phoenix Coyotes, but a bid to manage Jobing.com Arena in suburban Glendale, Ariz., and try to bring in a minor-league hockey team if the Coyotes move to another city this summer.

On March. 1, LeBlanc sent an e-mail message to Glendale Mayor Elaine Scruggs, city attorney Craig Tindall and the members of city council. It was prompted by Scruggs’s public musings that the city needs a “Plan B” if the NHL-owned Coyotes leave.
March 29th, 2012

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4096548/