View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 02:04 PM
BinCookin

vCash: 500
Has Tatar earned more ice time???

I would like a more "positive" set of responses within this thread please and thank you.

Our team currently has a bunch of injuries as we all know.

This has left several openings in the line up (even next to Datsyuk). The only Line that is mostly healthy is Flip-Z-Brunner.

So let me ask you all this?

Do you think Tatar has legitimately shown he deserves to be playing beside Datsyuk on one of our two equally good scoring lines?

Lets not turn this into a thread about Cleary and Sammy etc. Or a comparison. Lets pretend Sammy is as good as he was in Vancouver. And Cleary is as good as he was 3 years ago.

Has Tatar played well enough to earn at least 1-2 games beside Datsyuk to see if they have an chemistry together?

When Datsyuk and Zetterberg entered the league, they were played on a third line, although those teams were definitely stronger than our current team.
(I.E. should he stay on the third line not to put too much pressure on him?)

Should Tatar's playing time be linked to how well the team is doing?

My answer to all of these questions is basically this:

Tatar appears currently to be 3rd best player on the team when it comes to "making his line appear dangerous, or aiding in the formation of scoring chances". I think he has earned the right to play 1 or 2 games besides Datsyuk. I.E. move Abdelkader back down to the checking role. Pretend Cleary is still "old" cleary, and that he belongs up there sorta (Because MB surely views it this way).

And again, thoughtful positive posts please. All our threads are beginning to look the same. (you know what im talking about)

BinCookin is offline   Reply With Quote