View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I think we need to find a way to get O'Reilly without giving up Kulikov. Bozak as our #1 center is a joke. I'm not saying your decision is a joke. The market is awful for #1 centers. We'll miss the playoffs with him as our #1 guy.
I dont think we're gonna get O'Reilly either way, especially if he's asking for $5M+/yr. I personally dont think Tallon can justify signing him for that much. Bozak probably won't command more than $4M/yr and probably someone we can realistically sign. While yes, he's not a true 1st line center, he's still playing 20 mins per night and Toronto with him as their #1 center is a playoff team right now. So I disagree that we miss the playoffs with him as our #1 guy as he's showing you otherwise.

Eventually, he slots in better as a #2 guy...basically just a few yrs younger version of Weiss with better size. But he gives us a bridge for at least 1-2 yrs until Bjugstad gets some pro experience and can develop into a top 6 NHL center himself. And honestly, O'Reilly probably slots in the same way but he is smaller, not as physical, and not as good as Bozak in faceoffs. And again, Bozak will be cheaper in salary & to acquire (no assets since he's a free agent compared to trading for O'Reilly which will require assets).

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote