View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 02:32 PM
The Sweetness

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=635803
Here's one from the Rangers sight when the draft finished. It's really nothing, but it says at the bottom that it is deeper. I had others including an interview from Jeff Gorton saying that it in fact was deeper, but can't for the life of me find it. Sorry man.

Interesting article. First I've ever seen that, but I still think it is deep. I mean he states a good case with the scouts' opinions. You really do have to watch most of these guys though, some sick skill IMO.
Thanks, yeah, I was a bit surprised to hear that this draft is not as deep as initially thought given that all last year, like in the link you provided, all the talk was about what a great draft it would be.

It seems every year it takes quite a bit of time to get a read on how good the draft will be, even though of course it is hard to tell until another 4-5 years how good the draft actually was.

It does seem though that at least the top 7 picks in this draft are extremely solid. Also interesting that it is one of the few drafts in a while where there no longer seems to be a clear #1 nor even a clear top 2.