View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 02:36 PM
CoolburnIsGone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
4 mill for Bozak seems like a lot. Plus he's going to want multiple years. He is young and it's nice not to give up assets. Bozak doesn't really play to his size, imo. We shall see. Hopefully if we're out of it, Tallon cleans house and we have money to go after Getzlaf, jk.
I dont know what it will exactly cost for Bozak but a typical 2nd line forward gets around $4M nowadays so thats about right for him. Him wanting multiple yrs isnt going to be a bad thing either, I'd just want to limit it to 3-4 yrs if we could since that would take him to around the same age as Weiss is now and we should have plenty of guys that can take his spot by then.

And I disagree that Bozak doesnt play his size, he had 117 hits last season which is 30 more than Weiss had last yr and 50 more than O'Reilly had last yr (he's on pace for about 95 hits if this was a full season). If you compare him to Weiss too, you can see he's just as good in most statistical categories so we wouldnt be downgrading IMO. We all know we wont get Getzlaf and Weiss will want closer to $5M+ himself so getting a decent enough center in the $3-4M range is probably worth it for us and realistic as well.

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote