View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 03:11 PM
AIREAYE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanityplease View Post
Well, with a 30-50 or 35-65, the 'flat spot' is slightly forward of center. So I'm assuming that gives the forward 'pitch' while the 9' radius center stays center on the blade.
Is that a combo radius? I don't know a lot about that process save for the basic idea, which is intriguing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
Just trying to find an answer for my buddy. His skate tongue seems to hurt his foot around the 3rd-4th eyelet, figure where the tongue is on a normal sneaker. Any reasoning to this? It's not the laces, but the tongue itself.
Is it a rubbing sensation like friction? Or a pressure sensation? What skates are they?

It could be that the skate is too shallow for his foot, and with his instep protruding away from the boot, the laces cause excessive pressure on the tongue and foot. Also know as lacebite. The longer one has a skate, the more the tongue breaks down, reducing it's cushioning effect against pressure from the laces.

It could be that his tongue shifts when he skates. Moving the protective centre away from where it should be.

If it's a high end skate, perhaps the plastic insert has creased, creating a pressure point.

A lot of possibilities.