Old
02-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Food for thought,

Would Jets fans rather have Horton at 5-6MM a year via or ROR 4.5MM via trade and lose players picks?
Tough call.

For me, I think i'd still opt for O'Reilly. We need a center in my opinion, and if he can be a 60 point, Selke centerman, I'll take him if the cost is Burmistrov + Postma as the main pieces going the other way. We're heading to the Western Conference, and O'Reilly has proven (well, one season...) to be able to handle tough minutes in that Conference.

I admittedly haven't watched a lot of O'Reilly at all, but from what I can gather he is a Mike Richards-like centerman, and if he continues to grow into that mold then give me him every day of the week and twice on Sunday, even if we have to pay for him.

Horton is good, don't get me wrong, but his health does indeed worry me a bit. I feel we can fill out the Wing position with 20-25 goal scorers a lot easier than finding a 60 point (hopefully), Selke centerman who can at a young age win 52% of his faceoffs and will likely get better there as he gets older. You have to be solid down the middle to win championships. O'Reilly can potentially add to that in the way Boston did with guys like Bergeron, Krejci, etc. Not a knock on Horton, but to me he is more of a complimentary piece, where as O'Reilly could be a pretty big focal point as a centerman.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff

Last edited by Guerzy: 02-22-2013 at 03:46 PM.