View Single Post
02-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Join Date: Feb 2012
Originally Posted by
Some interesting stats on Duchene 2.0
- Tied for 2nd among all centers in takeaways (18)
- Tied for 6th among all centers in blocks
- 8th among all centers with at least 10 points in hits (22) and 1 of only 2 in the group (Stamkos the other) averaging more than a PPG.
- 10th among all centers in faceoff wins
- Tied for 18th among all centers in short-handed time on ice per game none of the others are even in the same ballpark as Duchene offensively (granted we are #21 on the PK so it's not like it's the world's best PK but still...)
- His PP time on ice per game is ranked #53 among all centers...which could lead to the conclusion that his offensive totals are very upwardly mobile
- That leads to the fact that has already been brought up that he is tied for #2 in the NHL among all players in even strength points
The points are nice but what is really astounding are his peripheral numbers like the takeaways, blocks, hits and faceoffs which show an almost unthinkable leap from the erratic, dangling, floating center/winger of last year to a guy, who, stastically anyways, you can make a case for as one of the most well-rounded, does all the little things well and gives max effort, franchise centers thus far in 2013.
2nd best defensive center in the past 25 years?
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by henchman24