View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepster View Post
Absolutely. I've always liked Tatar because he displays that mentality of wanting the puck, wanting to take it to the net and wanting to score. He's not content to just hitch along for the ride, but he wants to be a difference maker.

Brunner shows that same attitude, so does Zetterberg, Datysuk learned to adopt that mentality. It's refreshing to see another young guy that wants the puck on his stick.
I've really liked his aggressiveness on offense also- seems that a lot of our younger guys over the years have been very deferential on offense, and I've kinda chalked it up to a combination of their mindset as players along with the knowledge that they are on a short leash and will get demoted/benched if they make mistakes.

Tatar just seems to be willing to play his game, make plays when they are there, and doesn't have to be begged to shoot the puck. I think he belongs on Datsyuk's wing given the injury situation to play opposite Abby, and I'm very confident in him as a player to keep producing and being dangerous on the ice for our 3rd line when everyone's healthy for the rest of the season.

Of course, I am less confident that Kenny won't just send him to GR when enough forwards come back healthy instead of moving out some of the redundant bottom 6 guys we have.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote