Old
02-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
#FreeHutch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt in WPG View Post
In 95, I think it was the Jets season opener after the first lockout, the Jets were playing Anaheim. Keith Tkachuk collided with a Duck right in front of the benches and both players went down. I was excuited because, well, Tkachuk was crazy in those days and I thought there would be a fight. The Duck player got up and then fell to his knees. Keith's skate had cut his wrist. Blood squirted out about 10 feet, going every where and there was a collective "Aaaaahhhh" from the crowd. They ran him right into the Jets dressing room - I forget his name but he was out for over a year with nerve damage. The spent about 10 minutes cleaning the blood off the ice and boards. The game was a real downer after that, you could tell the players on both teams did not want to be out there after what had happened. Made me sick to my stomach to see it live.
It was Don McSween. I mentioned his name when the Karlsson injury was being discussed, he tore Selanne's Achilles tendon on almost the exact same play. Almost a year later to the day, he was injured badly by Tkachuk's skate blade.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote