View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Food for thought,

Would Jets fans rather have Horton at 5-6MM a year via or ROR 4.5MM via trade and lose players picks?
Well - I'd like both. .

Love what ROR brings. If he can develop chemistry with Kane, then I'd want ROR more, and would give up Burmi and picks (3rd and/or 2nd, if pushed. I'd also be willing to give a 2014 1st in a bigger package (or Avs option to flip 1st rd picks in 2014), if a pick came back the other way).

But Horton does solidify that top 6 RW spot with a big body with skill. Maybe he would want to play in a Canadian market. But there's a risk there, if he continues to have concussion problems.

So, I'd only offer Horton a Ladd type contract - $22 mill over 5 yrs or say, $27 mill over 6 yrs. I'd offer ROR the same type of deal.

If they don't resign Antro, Welly, Mittens or Montoya. But do re-sign Haisney to a $3 mill/deal, and are able to move Olli for prospects/picks - that lowers the payroll a bit.

They could then go, next year, with:

Kane/ROR/Horton
Ladd/Little/Wheeler
Tangradi/Scheifele/FA
Wright/Slater/Thorbs

Toby/Buff
Hainsey/Bogo
Stuart/Postma
Redmond

Pavs
FA

Depending on deals to the Jets own key RFAs - Little, Wheeler and Bogo - might get away with having a cap hit of under $63 mill (or under the proposed $64 mill). With most of the players would be on multi-year deals.

Perhaps, in a year or two, Trouba eventually takes a top 4 spot - allowing the Jets to remove a high salary, like Buff or Enstrom.