View Single Post
Old
02-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Good post.

I am not advocating getting rid of Eller. I guess I should not have read the GDT or the PGT after last nights game.

In it, I read that Markov is finished, Price sucks, Gionta should be traded immediately, Cole is still retired (I cant argue with that one), Diaz is a mistake, Galchenyuk has a few issues, DD still is not that great, people missing Kaberle and other assorted screams.

Eller was still standing strong.

And when a post was made about Eller's less than stellar effort last night, those posters were quickly reprimanded.

The unconditional love for Eller is strong here.

If White would have tackled that Islander last night and sat in the Penalty Box while they scored, the board would have exploded and the server would have crashed with unapologetic disgust for White.

But it was Eller sitting there for taking a dumb penalty. And NO ONE came up with the suggestion that Eller cost the Habs the game for letting the Islanders close to one goal and killed the momentum.

Not one of the people who were calling for White to leave Montreal were even saying anything about Eller...........even though the situations were similar........dumb penalty leads to goal.

But again, this is Eller we are talking about.

Eller's love is strong. I am still wondering if its his boyish good looks that drive that love or is it because our old buddy Gauthier gave away a very valuable asset and Eller is all that we have to show for it. Either way, it is an odd phenomenon.
Most of the people who are Eller fans, didnt want White out.
Most of the people who are Eller fans admit that he had a bad game.
It was a team loss not a loss on Eller. Difference between Eller and White's penalty is that the Buffalo one was 4 minutes and totally a bonehead move. One of the worst penalty to be taken since Begin.