View Single Post
02-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Flair Hay
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
IMO Horton is exactly what we need. That would put us at 4 VERY capable top six wingers. With wingers as strong as that, they should be able to support the lacking 1 Center.

you End up with a Bonifide first line lw (kane. a bonifide first line RW (wheeler), A borderline firstline Left wing,(ladd) a borderline firstline right wing (horton). that should make up for rthe shortcomings at center
It would certainly help mitigate the lack of a #1 Center. Horton would be more of a 2-3 year fix as a top sixer I'd imagine, so long term it would still need addressing but I like the idea. Especially since there's more than a coin flip of a chance that we'll be trying to nab the best offensive center at our draft spot. One other thing I like about Horton is that he comes from a beastly cycling team in Boston. Our team has got to be bottom 3rd in cycling the puck without losing that and he would help address that.

Scheifele will likely take over Jokinen's spot next year or the year after. Hopefully one of our 2nd rounders this year will be used on an offensive right winger as well.